Due to popular demand I am expanding my ‘Whats On’ school holiday listings so that we now cover the weekends as well! Here’s whats on in the South East and beyond this coming weekend (Saturday 30th September and Sunday 1st October).
Saturday 20th September
- Cotswold Airport open day 9am – 9pm. Vintage and military vehicles and airplanes on display, wartime re-enactments, kids play zone, balloon rides, music, stalls and more. Tickets cost £5 each (under 16s are free!) and must be booked in advance.
- 1940s vintage weekend at Bletchley Park. Live music and dancing all day, vehicle displays (including Spitfire!), historical displays and re-enactors, vintage lawn games. Normal admission fee applies. Read more here https://www.bletchleypark.org.uk/whats-on/1940s-vintage-weekend
- Brick Wonders Lego exhibition at Banbury Museum (running until Sat 18th Nov). Entry £4 per adult, £2 children (under 5s free).
- Nick Cope’s Songbook at the Story Museum in Oxford. Enjoy an interactive singing and music session 10:30-11:30am. £5 per person.
- The Baillie Gifford Festival Hub Marquee in Henley’s town square. Workshops run for 45 minutes each and are all free! Word wizards at 10am and 2pm, Ninja quest 11am and 3pm, Sensory stories 12pm and 4pm. Booking essential http://www.henleyliteraryfestival.co.uk
- Snowflake Books children’s book launch at the Oxfordshire Museum in Woodstock. Introducing children to traditional legends of Chinese animal zodiac signs through a series of 12 illustrated story books.
- Thame Food festival will take place on both Saturday and Sunday from 9am at Thame Show Ground. Local and artisan food and drink producers plus family dog show both days. £5 per adult , accompanied children under 16 free. http://www.thamefoodfestival.co.uk/
Sunday 1st October
- Autumn water festival at Earth Trust (Little Wittenham) 11am-4pm. Water rockets, pond dipping, apple pressing, pumpkin hunt, mini raft making and more. Wear your wellies! £6 adults, £3 kids or £15 for a family of 4.
- Illuminated woodland walk at Basildon Park 10am-5pm daily until 7th January. Normal admission fees apply.
- Phizz-whizzing Puppets at The Roald Dahl Museum and Story Museum. Make your very own puppet version of one of Roald Dahl’s book characters then act out a play with them. £3 each plus normal admission fee.
- Pick your own pumpkins open every weekend throughout October at Millets Farm Centre.
- Autumn steam gala at Bucks Railway Centre including steam rides, refreshments and miniature railway. http://bucksrailcentre.org/product.php/37/autumn-steam-gala