This weekend (like most weekends!) Lois is at yet another birthday party. That girl honestly has a better social life than I do, she is literally friends with everyone! So glad though that she has so many friends that enjoy her company and want to include her in their birthday plans. We’re also bound to pay Nanny a visit and may try to squeeze in a National Trust visit somewhere too. If you are looking for something to do how about one of the events below? Fingers crossed for dry weather!
Saturday 7th October
- Great Western Brick Show at STEAM railway museum in Swindon 10am-5pm on both Saturday and Sunday. Full of incredible Lego models, activities to take part in, competitions, demonstrations and lots of stalls for all your Lego needs! For more information and ticket prices visit their website here: http://www.greatwesternbrickshow.com/
- Cholsey and Wallingford railway 1940s weekend from 10:30am on both Saturday and Sunday. Living history groups, war time vehicles, air raid experience and vintage trade stalls. Adults £10, children £5.
- Amazing armour at Pitt Rivers Museum 1-4pm. Find out what people use to protect themselves and have a go at making your own armour. Free session.
- Oxford fun palace at Oxford Playhouse and Science Oxford 11am-3pm. Hands on activities including make your own puppet, treasure hunt, DNA detectives and performances. Free event.
- Wild woods day at Sutton Courtenay Environmental Centre. Activities from 10am-4pm including bushcraft workshops, den building, live animals, storytelling and crafts. Free, donations welcome.
- Animation workshop with animator Adam Childs at The Roald Dahl Museum. 12pm, 1:30pm and 3pm. Cost £3 plus museum entry fee.
- Comic-making skills workshop with comic artist Neil Cameron. 11-12pm at the Story Museum for age 8-12 year olds. £7 per child.
Sunday 8th October
- Squash and pumpkin festival at Hardwick Estate (Reading). Lots of Autumn crafts, activities, children’s entertainment and food stalls. £3.50 per adult, under 12s free.
- Thomas The Tank Engine at Didcot Railway Centre 10am-5pm on both Saturday and Sunday. Meet Thomas and his friends and enjoy rides on them all day long. Sir Toppham Hat will also be there along with balloon modellers and other entertainment.
- Bounce Dept bouncy castle chaos at Didcot Leisure Centre. £5.50 per child for 1.5 hours. Suitable for 18months – 12 years. Book tickets here: https://www.tickettailor.com/checkout/view-event/id/115814/chk/f9c2
- Second World War Operational Base open afternoon 2-5pm at the Buscot and Coleshill Estate. Visit the underground bunker and talk to the volunteers about the lives of the Auxiliers. Free, donations welcome. You can read the review of our previous visit here https://mumsfamilyfun.com/places-to-visit-2-2/coleshill-wwii-operational-base/