It’s been a really strange year this year and things aren’t going back to ‘normal’ anytime soon. There are still plenty of Christmas events in Oxfordshire though for the whole family to enjoy. Things may be different but we can still enjoy the festive spirit.
- Elf Fairy Door Trail in East Challow 5th-14th December. Find the elf doors around the village. Map available on the link below. Please make a donation (via the link) and all money raised goes to the St Nicholas C of E School in the village. https://www.justgiving.com/fo-stnicholas
- Oxford Christmas light festival. Use the map to find the streets lit up for Christmas. Enjoy a walk around your local area. 20th-22nd November. https://www.oxlightfest.com/light-trail
- Illuminated light trail through the festive gardens at Blenheim Palace 4th December -3rd January. Tickets must be pre-booked via the website: https://www.blenheimpalace.com/whats-on/events/lights-trail/
- Christmas at Blenheim Palace 4th December – 3rd January. Visit the decorated state rooms in the palace. Tickets must be pre-booked here: https://www.blenheimpalace.com/whats-on/events/blenheim-christmas/
- Chilton Village Christmas lights switch on 6pm 1st December. Wander the streets of Chilton to see the Christmas lights. Please adhere to social distancing rules.
- The Snow Queen outdoor ballet at Oxford Castle 9th-10th December. Shows at 6:30pm and 8pm. https://www.oxfordcastleandprison.co.uk/events/event/snow-queen/
- Christmas at Roves Farm 5th – 23d December including a visit to see Santa in his grotto, a gift from the elves toy shop, reindeer food making and more. Book here: https://rovesfarm.co.uk/event/christmas-at-roves-farm-2020/
- Christmas food and gift marquee at Millets Farm 7th November – 24th December. Selection of festive foods and gifts available. Enter via the farm shop. Free entry and no booking required.
- Cholsey Reindeer Trail 19th December – 3rd January. Follow the story trail to help Santa find all his reindeer. The trail should take around 2 hours. There are prizes to be won too! Register for you pack which includes the trail map, start of the story, Spot The Reindeer challenge sheet and festive colouring sheets. Each pack costs £5 (can buy per child or per family). All funds raised go to Cholsey Preschool. Register here: https://www.tickettailor.com/events/cholseypreschool
- Santa’s Grotto at Oxford Castle 12th- 23rd December. The castle elves will welcome you to the South Pole, a socially distanced winter wonderland. Each family will get to individually visit Santa in his grotto. 1 hour experience including Santa visit and activities plus each child takes a goodie bag home. Tickets must be booked in advance here: https://www.oxfordcastleandprison.co.uk/events/event/santas-grotto/
- Christmas Fairytale at Fairytale Farm 5th – 24th December. Journey from the South Pole to the North Pole meeting interactive characters along the way and see Santa’s sleigh getting ready for the big day. Visit Santa himself in his Secret Forest grotto. Other activities include a festive-themed hunt, mulled wine for the grown ups and Christmas lights display. Tickets must be booked in advance here: https://www.fairytalefarm.co.uk/events/christmas-fairytale-2020/
- Steam Into Christmas at Didcot Railway Centre 5th – 23rd December. Take a steam train ride to visit Father Christmas in his special gift-laiden carriage in the beautifully decorated Victorian station. Tickets must be booked in advance here: https://didcotrailwaycentre.org.uk/product.php/70/steam-into-christmas
- Sutton Courtenay Christmas trail 19th December – 2nd January. There are over 45 different scenes to find around the village. Maps are available from the village Post Office for £1 with all proceeds going to two local charities.
- East Hagbourne Advent Trail is running during advent. Maps available from the village Post office for a small donation. All proceeds go to Helen & Douglas House.
I am constantly adding to this list as and when new events are launched so keep checking back! For more Christmas activity ideas check out our Special Occasions page.