Wantage seems to be a town full of dog lovers! I was surprised to discover there are so many dog friendly places to eat, including pubs and cafes. Several of them even have sausage treats for dogs or even doggy ice cream! Amazing!
Here is the list I have managed to put together so far. If you know of anywhere else or have further details of the places listed then please let me know in the comments below.
- King Alfred’s Head pub in Wantage are the dogs wotsits when it comes to being dog friendly! Not only are dogs allowed in and water bowls provided but they also have free dog biscuits, a doggy pool on hot days and they even sell doggy ice cream!! Sounds like doggy heaven to me!
- Buzz Cafe in Wantage allows dogs anywhere within the seating area of the cafe. Water bowls are provided and a sausage if allowed or another treat if not. They love getting furry visitors!
- The Lamb in Wantage allows dogs anywhere in the pub or garden. Water bowls are provided.
- The Greyhound in Wantage is dog friendly and I have heard they have dog treats too.
- Baytree Cafe in Wantage allow dogs anywhere in the seating area. Water bowls are provided and a sausage treat if allowed. Yummy!
- The Star Inn in Sparsholt
- The Grocer Chef in Wantage
- Court Hill Centre in Wantage
If you are a local dog owner you might find this list of dog friendly attractions to visit in Oxfordshire useful: https://mumsfamilyfun.com/blog/dog-friendly-places-to-visit-in-oxfordshire/